Today I am answering your credit card questions. Should I use my 401(k)to pay off my credit card debt? I forgot to pay my credit card bill, will I have a late fee and will it impact my credit score? I was denied for a “pre-approved” card, why? Can I live without a credit card? Why not sign-up for a credit card for the bonuses?
- 01:06 – I have $15,000 in credit card debt and about $25,000 in my 401(k). Every month I throw several thousand dollars at my credit card debt but the balance doesn’t decrease. Should I use my 401(k)to pay off my credit card debt and be debt free?
- 03:36 – I honestly forgot to pay my credit card bill. I realized and paid about a week late. Will I have a late fee? What impact will this have on my credit score?
- 05:55 – I keep receiving mailers from Capital One that I have been “pre-approved” for the credit card? But, when I apply I am denied. Why?
- 07:39 – Can I live without a credit card?
- 09:03 – Credit card sign up bonuses sound amazing, why not sign up for the card, get the bonus, and then close the account?
- 11:54 – Win a $50 Visa Gift Card
Resources & Links:
- MoneySmarts Episode 4 – Creating a Zero-Sum Budget
- Google Calendar
- Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening!
To get more Financial Freedom Community content directly on your device when it is available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Reviews on iTunes are incredibly helpful and very much appreciated! I personally read every one of them. Feel free to share your information there so I can reach out and say thanks.
*Intro and outro music is provided by Michael Cat Audio